Charles and Doris Nunn were successful applicants for allotment
6 in the Parish of Tunart, county of Millewa in 1926
This allotment consisted of 845 acres of third class land valued
at one pound per acre was four miles from the township of Morkalla.
Applications for the block in the Parish of Tunart and the neighboring
Parish of Mallanbool had closed on July 3rd 1926.
The family belongings were transported to the block at Tunart
by wagon and the family lived in a bag hut whilst the house
was being built. Life was not easy as the land had to be cleared
fences put up water channels and dams constructed.
Supplies in most cases were available from Meringur which was
an eight mile journey each way to the farm. Ron recalls at the
age of 6 making this trip in a Gig by himself to get family
The original allotment was extended by an additional 1350 acres
to the west of the original farm, some of this land had to be
cleared fenced and a dam had to be sunk and channels constructed.
More information on the Nunn family can be found
Millewa Community Pioneer Forest and Historical Village