OPEN DAY SUNDAY 1ST OCTOBER 2017
A Trip Down Memory Lane
Join us for a relaxing day in the bush from 9am
(donít forget daylight saving starts!)
Fully catered with BBQ lunch, endless cuppas and scones fresh from the old bakersí oven. Plenty of old memorabilia on display.
$20 Adults (Entry Only)
$40 (Bus from Mildura + Entry)
$8 School Aged Children
Free for Pre-Schoolers & Under
Includes 2 Course BBQ Lunch & Dessert
A bus will be available to bring you out from Mildura and Red Cliffs if you donít wish to drive.
Call Heather 0428 132 741 or
Margaret 0428 283 336 for more information
BUS TICKETS DETAILS
- Costs $40 includes entry to Park
- Available from 15th-29th Sep
- Purchased from Hammerton Engraving, Langtree Ave opposite Woolies
BUS TRAVEL DETAILS
- Return trip on Open Day 1st Oct
- Leaves 8:30am 13th St side of Henderson Park
- Stops at 9:00am Red Cliffs Railway Station opposite Big Lizzie
FOOD AND ENTERTAINMENT
- Live Music by Bruce Nunn, John Tisler and Ron Herberte
- Souvenir Sales
- Fresh Scones cooked in the Historic Wood Fired Bakerís Oven available to purchase
- Cold drinks and ice cream available
- Free tea and coffee
- Ecumenical Church Service at 9:30am
- Vintage Cars
- Spinners & Weavers Demonstrations
- Rope Making
- Ivan Shaw Working Blacksmith
- Old Games for Children
- Blade Shearing
- Washing in Wood Fired Copper
- Cobblers Shoe Polisher
- Classroom Lesson demonstration
- Blade shearing
- Display of Old Oil Cans
Download the Flyer
Come and explore over 50 sites of historical buildings on display and wander around the park to get a sense of how our pioneers lived, while maybe even discovering your own families heritage.
The Millewa Pioneer Park, situated 90 km from Mildura on Millewa road at Meringur was established in 1986, to recognise the efforts of the early settlers creating homes and farms in challenging circumstances.
It is run by a volunteer committee, committed to creating a visual hands-on display of early Millewa District history and lifestyle.
The emphasis of the displays is to preserve the heritage, environment and history of the wider Millewa community.
The park is open daily for you to browse around. Guides and light catering are available by appointment. Come and learn about our history and share our enjoyment of this wonderful region.
If you have any queries please contact us.
President: Heather Yates 0428 132 741
Secretary: Margaret Turvey 0428 283 336